Monday, October 7, 2013

Birthday Weekend

I just celebrated my birthday this past Saturday and I had a lot of help from my friends here to make it AwEsOmEeEeEe! I got to go into town on Thursday and go shopping for a dress and makeup. We went to the underground shopping mall, but unfortunately it wasn't very big and they mostly sold sweaters and pants, so no luck there finding a dress. I did end up getting a lot of make up though. Then we went to an Indian restaurant for lunch and I gorged on lentil curry, naan, and rice. Wow it was delicious. I can't wait to go back there.

The next day my friend loaned me a dress and we went out on the town to celebrate my 23rd. Unfortunately Saturday I had to work, but I got the chance to go out for fried chicken and later in the night I did Scottish dancing with the year 9 students. I'd upload a video of it but it's too embarrassing how bad we were... Anyway, it was definitely one of the highlights of my birthday and a lot of fun.

On Saturday night, the girls in my dorm gathered together for registration and we also had birthday cake. As per the British style, I made a wish not when I blew out the candle, but when I cut the first slice of cake. The girls then surprised me with a big birthday card they made. It was so nice, I thought I would die of happiness :)


Birthday messages on the house white board!

Big, awesome Jeoji birthday card <3 <3 <3


Overall, a pleasant weekend :)

Typhoon winds and heavy rain are hitting tonight and into tomorrow. It's supposed to pour all day long and then get sunny later in the week. Two weeks until half term, woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment