Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Too Much Food.

Over the past few days I've been spending a relaxing time on campus reveling in my temporary access to a full kitchen by baking a ton, eating a massive ton, and socializing with friends. 

On Saturday night we threw a dinner party. It was simple enough - we just made pasta. But the addition of good friends and booze made it a fun night. 



Also over the weekend I tried my hand at making Japanese wagashi using this recipe. It was really simple to make and they taste great warmed up with tea.



I also made some banana bread using this simple but extremely delicious recipe. And due to the lack of canned pumpkin in Korea, I adapted my favorite pumpkin bread recipe for sweet potatoes. My British friends told me the concept of eating something savory like pumpkin or sweet potato in a dessert disgusts them, but after trying the bread they had to rethink their views on gourd-based sweets.

Sweet potato bread



And FINALLY, a chance to be extremely fashionable in our fleece Korean pajamas. HOTTAYZ -

No comments:

Post a Comment