Sunday, September 15, 2013

Daily Grind

It's thundering outside and heavy rain clouds are brushing over the oreum visible from my room. The ocean looks misty and distant. It's raining and we're supposed to go hiking in 40 minutes. 

This past week was more of the same thing. We're finally settling into our roles and getting used to the routine. Starting the week after next, I will be teaching a grade 7 science class twice a week on "The Weather," and so I've been prepping for that and observing the classes I'm going to teach.

I've also been helping out around the house, especially with House Competition things. This week was soccer (football), and our house team, both boys and girls, made an incredibly strong showing. The competition is set to continue this Monday, and all the teams will finish facing off.

My favorite day of the week is definitely Thursday, my day off. We had big plans to go into Jeju City this past Thursday and do some shopping then take a cab to a black sand beach. Well that would've been nice if we hadn't taken so long to figure out how to navigate the city. We ended up walking around a whole lot, and then finished up our time out at a korean restaurant. I had bibimbap:


Stoneware bowl full of rice, cut up veggies, and an egg. Bowl comes to the table piping hot. You stir everything together and eat it with a spoon. The heat from the bowl slowly browns the rice on the outside into crispy goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment